Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving

So it is that time of year where you learn to reflect on the year, express gratitude, give presents, and also it is that time of the year when glutony is a worldwide accepted practice. I mean come on, when there are holidays there is food and then I can't stop eating the sweets and delish dishes.

So this year the family went to Sunriver for Thanksgiving. It was the Davies clan right along with Grandma and Grandpa, an added member to the group for the wonderful holiday feast was the boyfriend, James Grant. I had to work and so did James, so we didn't leave til like 4pm on Wednesday, and traffic was a nightmare! It took me and hour and a half to pick James up in Beaverton from work and then another 5 hours to get to Sunriver. But after the great drive, we had a wonderful time!

On Thanksgiving day we watch the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade on the telly, watched football, went on marvelous walks, played card games, and cooked. Brooke and I both made our famous dishes. I made my stuffed mushrooms, and Brooke made her artichoke dip. Both were hits. James and I decided to take a walk before dinner, you know burn the calories before the meal. lol Well we walked farther than we thought and after we started walking back we thought we got lost!!! So we called for rescue! But I have to explain...all the streets and paths in Sunriver looke the same and the houses looke the same. SO it is hard to distinguish one direction from another. The family saved us and it turned out that we were on the right path to the house but we had walked farther than we had thought, and that is why we thought we were lost.

Dinner was AMAZING! I love thanksgiving meals, and it is definitely my fave holiday! We watched more movies, ate more, played more games, and just had a wonderful time. Unfortunately I had to work the next Friday and Saturday, so the family stayed in Sunriver thru Sunday and James and I returned the good ol Couve.

Here are some pics from Sunriver:

Hunt and Gair


Hot tubbing!


Artichoke dip? yes please!!!

Creating a beautiful fruit salad.

Dad making his infamous mashed potatos.

Reading together.




Gram and Brooke took on knitting together.

No comments:

Post a Comment