Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Being a Mom

One thing that was said repeatedly when I was pregnant was that you can never really prepare for a child coming into your life. Which I would say is true but at the same time I feel that there is some advantage in a mother's intuition. Having Delaney in our lives for the past four months has been a roller coaster of adventure. I have loved almost every minute of it.
Some things that I did not expect after Delaney was born:
  • Living in bed for the first six weeks of her life
  • How hard it was to sleep on command
  • Mostly figuring out her sleep habits (I wish that I had read more about baby sleep habits before she was born)
  • Breastfeeding - I have a love/hate relationship. Great calorie burner but I feel like I am feeding her constantly. Thankfully she takes formula and breast-milk. 
  • That is wouldn't be cuddly. This girl is a mover. She is always squirming around.
  • Church is a battle. (9am church is at the tail end of her sleeping. She doesn't usually wake up until 9:30 or 10. So she is extra tired at church and refuses to sleep for very long at church. I often wonder if going to relief society is worth an extra tired baby. I still go though.

Things that I have loved:
  • making her laugh and smile
  • taking naps with her
  •  going on walks
  • I love feeding her. ( Remember it is a love/hate thing. Sometimes my butt gets sore from sitting and feeding her so much)
  • When she looks at me. She looks like she just adores me. Love it. 
  • That she sleeps at least 8 hours straight at night

No comments:

Post a Comment