Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Racing Against the Clock

So this week started off with a bang. I had a 6 page paper due at midnight on Monday night, a sonnet explication on Shakespeare's 97th sonnet, 130 pages of reading in Henry the 5th, and 11 chapters of the Doctrine and Covenants to read. All of this is just the stuff that is required and due on Tuesday; it does not include the extracurricular studying for Grammar and Advanced Literary Criticism. With all this school work I have felt like there are days where there is no time to breath, or eat. But I keep going. Doing one thing at a time. I have the extra incentive of seeing Mike. I wish school would just go away so I could just be with him all the time, but I am learning how to study and spend time with Mike at the same time. It is a learning process but we are managing to master the art of being together and studying. Cuddling is a great incentive to get it done quickly.

So this last weekend I had two soccer games. The first one I injured myself. My quad, hamstring and calf on my left were going crazy with spasming. It hurt and has taken a couple days to recover. I didn't get to play on Saturday morning which was a downer because it was going to be the first time that Mike was going to be able to see me play. And he won't get to see me play this weekend because our games are at the same time. But what can you do?

The big trip to Las Vegas is in a week from like this exact hour. That is if we leave on Wednesday. It depends on Mike's Thursday classes. So crossing my finger that we will be on the road this time next week. I can hardly wait to get out of here to be away from school, be with Mike, the adventures that are to ensue, and to meet his family and friends down in Vegas. So there is a goal. Work my butt off on school work for the next week to have more free time when we are in Vegas. It is just one thing at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment