Sunday, January 23, 2011

Well, well, well

Life is great right now. Literally great. We are three weeks into school and classes are going well. Mike's favorite class is New Testament and Middle East. New Testament is my favorite too! We are being the cute married couple and taking a class together. We have Brother Pyper for New Testament. He is awesome! Really knows his stuff. This is the 3rd time I have taken a class from him. I am taking Young Adult Literature too this semester. I have to read 30 novels by finals and I am proud to say that I have read 8 novels and have started my 9th.  I blog later about the books but I have this website we are required to use called www.goodreads.com . It is a great site that people post reviews about books, they tell you what popular books are out and everything. Try it out! I love it.
I am proud to say that Mike and I have made dinner pretty much every night except for the nights when we live on left overs. I am loving it. I love cooking and I enjoy it so much. I like baking too but that is proving to be a dangerous thing to do. Mike and I are the only ones to eat it which means extra calories that I do not need! So we are trying to be minimal about the baking. Some of the things that I have made are: fiesta chicken bake(LOVE THIS SOOOO MUCH), chicken divan, white chili, homemade chicken/bacon/ranch pizza, creamy italian chicken, spaghetti, homemade foccacia bread, apple bars, beef stew, meat loaf, steak over rice, and lots and lots of banana cookies. 
Apple bars!!! Yummy!

I love our apartment. I am proud to say that we are not over crowded and it is spacious and the perfect size for us. It is all homey and I love it. My favorite thing is being in charge of the kitchen and having control over what is in the fridge.
Our family room.
 This is a really comfortable couch. Mike put together the book shelf.




So our apartment is the perfect size for us.

We got the game Settlers of Cataan for Christmas this year from my parents. We play it all the time with our friends. Pretty much every Saturday night. It has been a lot of fun. 


We do not have a lot of married friends but we love seeing our old roommates and hanging out with them. We have been having a blast back in Rexburg. 
A couple side note things:
I deleted my Facebook. It is one thing that I am glad that I have done. I have much more time on my hands.
I donated plasma for the very first time. My first visit I started to get all faint like. I got really dizzy, nauseated, hard of hearing, and my eye sight blurred to the max! But the second visit I made it through the whole cycle without getting sick! 
Mike and I are doing a really good job about not going out to eat all the time! We have only done it like 3 times! So proud of us.
We also made a rule of no soda and chips in the apartment. Which is really hard because chips and salsa are my vice. But I am glad we made the rules we did because otherwise I would be really fat. 
I have started a work out regiment. It is going good. I love working out but the hard part is being able to make it to the gym. Once I am there I am good to go but it is the going that I struggle with.

Well life is great and we are nothing but happy here.

2 comments:

  1. ummm... can you email me a recipe for BANANA COOKIES! whos ever heard of those... sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete