Sunday, February 12, 2012

Bullet Points of the Week

This week:
  • Mike and I attended a Valentine's day party that our friends, Kyle and Alyssa, put together. It was really fun. We played the Newlywed game. We didn't do as well this time but it was a lot of fun to hear the other couple's answers. 
  • I went to a baby shower for our neighbor Rachel Leonard. They are having a boy. She is due 10 days before me. It was very exciting. I loved being able to spend time with the other girls in my ward. Socializing at church is always a challenge and Relief Society activities aren't much easier either. 
  • I was able to be approved for WIC. So we are pretty pumped about that. 
  • Mike was able to play volleyball twice this week. He always welcomes a chance to play volleyball but it is hard with school sometimes. 
  • I made it to the gym 4 times this week. I have been really good about working out during the pregnancy. I usually go 3-4 times a week. Working out makes the pregnancy a lot easier. I do cardio work outs and weightlifting. It is kind of funny to see the faces of the older woman when I lift weights. I guess they are worried I might hurt the baby but the doctor's gave the OK to keep going. Weightlifting has really helped with my back problems.
  • The Relief Society from our ward has offered to throw a baby shower for me. I am really excited about it. It will be on March 3, 2012. Just another exciting event on the way to the due date. 
  • At my doctor's appointment this week they measured my stomach. They said I was small for 34 weeks so they scheduled an ultra sound for my next appointment just to see how big the baby will be when she is born.We didn't think that we were going to have another ultra sound because they said they only do two, one at the first appointment and then another at 20 weeks. I am excited to see what the baby will look like. It will be 36 weeks when the ultra sound occurs. So I am counting down the days til February 23. 
  • I also put together a baby registry on Target.com. Just go type in Emily Garrard if you want to see it. 
That is our week in a nutshell. Nothing too exciting. This week will be a little bit more stressful, but that's OK. My motto this semester is "One day at a time." It has been working so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment