Sunday, February 5, 2012

We are WINNERS!

So great news this week, we are officially done with our birth classes. This past Tuesday was our last class and I will say that I was glad that we went to the whole sequence. I didn't learn a whole lot that I didn't already know but I did learn enough to justify the class. This week was talk about postpartum and lactation. The woman who taught about lactation really loved saying "You know." After every sentence. Sometimes I just wanted to say "No, I don't know" every time she said it. Anyways, I haven't decided on the whole breastfeeding subject yet. I don't feel obligated to do it but I do want to try it. I will probably try and just see how it goes. We learned about a few basics about baby care after she is born. So good class but the best part is that we were winners. At the end of the class sequence they do a raffle for a few baby items. We lost the first two items which were a thermometer(I would have liked to have that) and a baby blanket that was blue and stripped. We were lucky winners on round three. We won a flannel baby blanket that had white crocheted edges. This was the item I wanted the most of all three prizes. 


This is Mike fashioning the blanket we won. It has zoo animals and letters on the front and a blue mineral wash backing. It is pretty cute. I just like winning. It is the best. I always feel extra special when I win.

This week was pretty uneventful otherwise. Classes were the same and homework never ends. I did finish with classes this week on Thursday morning at 9:30. So I pretty much had a four day weekend. I had big plans for this weekend and it all included homework. I accomplished all desired homework. Go me. Mike had a couple tests this week which he dominated.

Friday night we went to a high school basketball class for Mike's coaching class and then went to Cold Stone for ice cream. We love Cold Stone so it was a special treat because it is a spendy place. We have started watching the show Alcatraz. It is pretty good. It is a combination of Lost and CSI. I recommend it.

On the baby, there is no new news. She is as active as ever and loves kicking my ribs. We do not have a name yet. She will probably have to name herself when she is born. 

Well, that is all.

1 comment:

  1. Reading this made me miss you lots. I miss your straightforward attitude! Haha Love you Em!

    ReplyDelete