Sunday, January 29, 2012

Wheeling and Dealing

Well, this week has been fun. Mike and I are becoming quite the socialites. This is mostly due to my need to make sweets and then we have to invite people over to eat them because we shouldn't eat all of it ourselves. We could eat it all, but for our long term health we shouldn't. Last Sunday we had friends over to play Monopoly Deal which is one of my favorite games to play right now. It is monopoly on speed. Much faster and much more aggressive because you can steal properties from other players.

Mike had two tests this week. One for chemistry and the other for physics. He also tutored in the chemistry lab again. I attended classes and took naps. It is becoming necessary that I take a nap everyday. I took two naps on Thursday! Not a normal occurrence for me. I finished teaching my 5 day unit, which was probably one of the highlights of the week. Only one more 5 day unit to teach and then I am done teaching until I do my student teaching. (I have no idea when that is occurring) I also had a special experience this week. I am taking special education this semester and for one of my projects I am required to spend 4 hours in a wheelchair. I am not allowed to tell people why I am chair bound. Well, I showed up to my first class late because I had to go down the hill from the Hinckley building to the Smith building. It is only about a third of a mile, if that, but going down on wheels is a whole other story. Luckily, someone took pity on me and wheeled me down.

Now, I think I was more of a novelty to others because I was in a wheelchair and I am pregnant. Someone asked me why I was pregnant and I told that I was temporarily paralyzed. (It's lying! I know! I felt terrible) I thought he heard the sarcasm when I said it but apparently not because I surprised him when I crossed my legs in the middle of class. He thought I was paralyzed because of the baby.  After classes, Mike graciously wheeled me around until my four hours were up. Wheeling myself around was a pain because it hurt my thumbs and my forearms. It was quite the experience. I tried to use the bathroom in the Smith building which is nearly impossible. Those bathrooms are 3 feet by 3 feet! I am glad I am not really wheel chair bound.

Friday night was Catan night! We had Heather, CJ, Brice, and Shannon over to play Catan.
 We had left over cake from Brice and Shannon's wedding along with jello cake that I made. Yummy!! I am loving cake a lot more right now because of the pregnancy. Mike won the game. It was a lot of fun having our friends over for the night. It was a good break from school.




Friday morning I was supposed to volunteer at the Upper Valley Industries. It is a rehabilitation center for people with disabilities. I leave and try to get in my car. My doors were frozen! I couldn't get them to open! I had to be there in 10 minutes. My neighbor saw me struggling and offered to give me a ride. We defrosted her car and she dropped me off. Well I rush into the building and discovered that it was empty! I went to the wrong location. My neighbor had already left and I didn't have her number, so I walked home. My toes where frozen which wasn't fun because it was the burning and itching kind of frozen.

We had birth class number 2 this week. Nothing exciting. Just talk about c-sections and epidurals. We did find out that after the doctor rushed out last time, he had to do a delivery with the forceps and the baby was OK. So that was cool to find out the ending. We are officially 32 weeks along as off this last Thursday. Only 8 more weeks. Give or take. I can hardly believe that we are in the final stretch. It is flying by. Baby G is strong and kicking. Feeling her kick is probably one of my greatest joys right now. Especially since I don't really enjoy any of my classes. It is a combination of senior-itis and baby-itis. I don't recommend having your last semester of college occur during your last trimester of pregnancy. School just isn't the same anymore. I love learning, but I just wish that I didn't have to do a bunch of busy work.

No comments:

Post a Comment