Friday, July 2, 2010

Birthday Celebrating

Well the week of June 21st through the 27th was an eventful one. We celebrated Mike's 22nd birthday, and then made a trip down to Utah to see family for the weekend and also Mike won the men's competitive volleyball championship.

So I had a few surprises set up for Mike for his birthday which was on a Wednesday. His first present of the day was probably his favorite one, a Justin Bieber CD and a "Big Hunk" candy bar. 

 Present #1

So then I decided to skip my grammar class to celebrate with him, big sacrifice I know. He opened his parents present which was flip flops and money. Then we opened present number 2 from the girlfriend: a toy motorcycle that he is always telling me to buy him. So he got one that doesn't need gas for.


Then I disappeared for a period of time to work on a surprise. He coached his girls team in the final tournament. They lost. :( Well I had previously talked to his Mom and asked for the recipe for his favorite meal: Chicken Manicotti. It took FOREVER to make, but tasted yummy. I kept eating the stuffing while I made it and that made me less hungry at dinner but I couldn't help it. WE had fruit salad,, crescent rolls, and chicken manicotti. Brice Hunter, CT, Heather, and Daniella ate with us. But Mike was so excited when he found out what his surprise meal was, he ate four and half manicotti noodles!

He was sooooo excited. 

Well then we opened more presents. Daniella gave Mike a Snickers candy bar, and Heather gave him a Hawaiian punch wrapped in the shape of a rocket that said "You Rock!" lol

The rocket shaped present from Heather. 

His final present from me was a real one, not a gag gift. I bought him the game Bang! which he loves. We played a couple games that night. 


Well we had cake too. Funfetti! 


 All in all, it was a pretty great day! I loved surprising him with everything. The best surprise was definitely the manicotti. 

Happy Birthday Mike! I love you!


No comments:

Post a Comment