Friday, July 9, 2010

THE dress!

Well yesterday family arrived in town for our big Schwieder family reunion. My mom, Aunt Allison, Grandma, cousin Stephanie, and best friend Heather Soderborg, and I all set out to find the THE perfect wedding dress. We started out at a couple locations in Rexburg with one possibility that I really loved. It was simple and I think quietly glamorous.

But we went to one more location to make sure that the dress was THE dress. I was not about to make a rash decision by going to just one store. We went to a store called Margene's in Idaho Falls, which is an appointment only store but they were kind and let us have an appointment anyway because my family was here only for the weekend and we needed to find the dress this weekend because there are NO modest bridal stores in Oregon nor in Washington. Well I tried one on that was very similar to the first dress I loved and it was cheaper than the first one.

But as I walked into the dressing room to try another one on I happened to see a dress that I thought looked really cute, luckily they has the same dress in a size 6! Well we got the dress on me and at first I was unsure about it because it was not something that I had ever imagined myself wearing, like dress number 1 but the more and more I wore it, the more I liked it. I tried the dress that looked similar to my first favorite and immediately knew that the second dress I loved was THE dress. It just did not have enough pizazz to it like dress number two. So the dress that I will be wearing is ivory, and a drop waist skirt. I LOVE IT! It is glamorous and definitely makes me look amazing!

So to celebrate we went to Olive Garden to eat yummy food, and we went to the mall and found some cute things for engagement pics. All in all a good day! I loved spending these fun moments with all of my favorite woman and finding the perfect dress definitely topped it off. We even found my bridesmaid dresses!

Heather in the bridesmaid dress, we are going to replace either the band or the rosettes with green to match the wedding colors.

1 comment:

  1. It's beautiful..so stylish! And Heather is rockin that bridesmaid dress!

    ReplyDelete