Thursday, March 24, 2011

British Lit

Well my British Literature class has been the bane of my existence this semester. It is just nothing like what I thought it was going to be like which is disappointing. Right now though we are studying modern literature in Brit Lit which is cool. We are studying war poetry and we read a bunch of poems and had to create a found poem from all the poems we read. I wrote this:

Still falls the blood
Glistens like coral
The purpose of this, the old lie...
If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood
 Come gurgling from the froth corrupted lungs
I saw him drowning
He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning
Red war yet redder. Mad as hatters.
Nobody heard him, the dead man
And now he's dead
Again the guns disturbed the hour
Roaring their readiness for revenge
            Still falls the blood

Kind of depressing I know but I think it turned out alright. Just a little bit of my education here at the good ol' BYUI.

No comments:

Post a Comment