Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Utah Getaway


Mike and I traveled to the land of Utah this last weekend. My dear sister Brooke was coming to Provo to try out of the Cougarettes. It was also her first time on the college campus she will be attending this Fall. Brooke is a BYU cougar. She is the first of the Rod Smith family to go there since our parents attended BYU. The rest of us in the family went to BYUI which is great because BYUI is the best. Anyway, I am digressing.

Mike and I picked up Brooke from the airport and immediately took her to In n' Out burger. SO good. Mike and I have been waiting to go there again since December. She liked it but not as much as us. 





My Mother commanded us to photograph EVERY moment of the weekend because Brooke forgot her camera. So no worries. I have photographed almost everything. We arrived in Provo and made signs for Kaycee who was competing in a gym meet against the Utes that night. It was my very first gymnastics meet. It was pretty. They just fearlessly fling themselves in all directions on bars and vaults and floors and stuff. I could never do it. BYU lost by less than a point.








We also took Brooke on her first campus tour. Well, Whitney and I did. The boys were glued to the TV all weekend watching the fabulous, never-ending tournament of March Madness (Not my favorite thing right now). I made sure to be as embarrassing as possible. Through the roof excitement here!


 The never-ending stairs of BYU campus. I am glad that BYUI doesn't have that.


 The ducks of campus.
We did WAY too much walking. My little toes are still recovering.

Whitney and David were great hosts. They played with us all weekend and went out to eat with us all week. We went to Cactus Rio(Cafe Rio) on Saturday night. Brooke kept saying all the restaurant names wrong, like In 'n Out was Top burger according to Brooke and Cafe Rio was dubbed Cactus Rio. So that was the great joke of the weekend. Saturday we shopped and I bought nothing! It was a hard thing to do. The boys were yet again glued to the TV watching b-ball. We sent off the children(Brooke, Kaycee and Taylor) Saturday night to a dance so we married people could have fun. We went to Spoon It Up, a frozen yogurt place. It was the first time that I liked frozen yogurt. I didn't get a pic. [Sorry Mom]. We also played Kinect on the Xbox which was a lot of fun. 

We left Sunday morning and sent Brook on her way. It was the weekend away that we needed. A fun time with friends and family. One of the things that I did was completed P90X yoga. It was an hour and a half long and it took me three hours to do it. I never thought that yoga would be a workout but it was. I was sweating up a storm.


Me doing some yoga while the kids got ready to leave to dance.

Brooke spent the weekend texting and sleeping a lot. 






She ate an entire Cafe Rio pork salad. 


The boys watching basketball.


All in all. Great weekend. We had a lot of fun and were happy to see friends.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time was had by all! Good times.

    ReplyDelete