Sunday, March 27, 2011

March Madness!!!!!!!!

Ok, this title is deceiving. I don't really care all that much about March Madness basketball. It is fun to watch when it is the final rounds. I am cheering for VCU. The underdog of the tournament. They made it to the final four. They only made it into the tournament through bubble play or something. I forget what Mike called it. Anyway. On to the stories of life.

This last weekend I was thinking about my blogging. I normally don't blog because my life is boring for the most part. To remedy this I have decided to do something new every week to give me some kind of topic to blog it up about. This weeks new activity: running. Yes, I said running. Mike and I have been working out everyday for the last month and I decided to overcome my biggest adversary in the gym. The treadmill. I run for time, I don't run for distance. Some people run for 3 miles. I run for minutes. This week I started out with 10 minutes and eventually made it to 30 minutes of running. I definitely upped my need to eat. I forgot the invigorating feeling of the burn that comes with running. It is so relaxing. I use to say that I hate running. The only reason I was able to play soccer was because I had to chase a ball which gave running purpose. Well running now has a new purpose. Creating leaner legs and a flat stomach. So here is to creating a new habit of running.


This weekend was my old roommate's bridal shower. Daniella is getting married to Daren in just two weeks. Yay for marriage! It was fun. Food, stories and gifts followed by more food. I made these delicious French Breakfast Muffins from the Pioneer Woman cookbook. They were soooooo good. I also made lemon poppy seed cookies.(Not as good).


I gave her that cute apron. I am good I know. lol

My main reason for blogging today though are these:
 Like my apron? I bought it at Ross. I bought the some one for Daniella in green/blue.
 Check out these super sick bruises! I love them.

To answer your question: no, Mike does not beat me. I inherited these beauties from donating plasma. They accidentally went through my vein with the needle. They aimed a little too deep. Either way, I have two cool bruises. They didn't appear until a day later. The one on my right arm just keeps getting bigger and bigger  and they both change color every day! I can't donate plasma anymore right now because of the bruises. Poopy, I know. Once the bruises are gone, then I am back in action. So there goes 50 bucks a week for a couple weeks. 

One thing you should know is that I love pushing bruises. If someone shows me their bruise then I automatically push it. Don't ask me why but I do. Every time. It is like the easy button. You just do it. 

To day I am making white chili and homemade cornbread. Yum Yum. This week has been a good cooking week. I made fajitas, fiesta chicken bake, taco soup(the BEST that I have ever made), pork chops and gravy. [We were really into Mexican this week] I baked up a storm on Friday. I made the French breakfast puffs, the cookies, and messed up a chocolate cake. 


Cornbread made from scratched and baked it in my skillet.

Mike played volleyball on Friday night and Saturday morning. He played in a tournament on Saturday. His team placed 2nd. It was a busy weekend for him. We also tried Costa Vida which is very similar to Cafe Rio. The final verdict though is that Rio is way better. Just better flavor.

Well, have a great week. Until next time. Adios.

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blog. I was actually wondering about the plasma donation issue. That's a pretty gnarly bruise. And, really? You already have one of the flattest stomachs, ever. But, you go with your running. Have a good week. Oh, cute apron!

    ReplyDelete