Sunday, May 15, 2011

6 Months, pretty much means we've made it through eternity

Well this last Thursday Mike and I celebrated 6 months of marriage. We have been officially married longer than we were engaged. Woohoo. We celebrated with a temple trip and I made penne with roasted asparagus and balsamic butter sauce. Yum-O! It is crazy how fast time has gone since we were married and we are proud to say that we have survived each other. Not that it was hard. We hear other couples in our ward talk about how hard marriage has been for them. The girls are depresses because they had to change their name and other depressing things. Mike and I wonder if we are weird or something because it hasn't been that difficult to be married. We hear our neighbors yelling at each other late a night and during the day and it just boggles us. Anyway.

Friday was pretty much Christmas for me. My best friend Heather Soderborg is taking a Special Education class that all education majors are required to take. One of her assignments is to be wheelchair bound for 4 and a half hours. Well needless to say I took full advantage of this. I found her on campus and pushed her around campus. It was pretty much the best thing ever. She was at my command. One thing though is that Heather knows EVERYONE! Literally everyone on campus. So we had to stop for her to talk to people a lot. I took her through a maze of chairs and tables in the crossroads which was way fun because she was freaking out. Mike met up with us in the Library and took his turn pushing Heather. We tried to take her down a dirt hill but she wouldn't have it. Well then when she was done being wheelchair bound Mike took his turn playing with the wheelchair and was doing wheelies and he fell a couple times but he managed to turn 360 degrees while doing a wheelie. I pretty much have the most talented husband ladies.

We leave for Washington in 19 days. I am so excited. Can't wait to go to Burgerville, get a haircut, and see my family.

Mike and I watched Super Size Me on Friday night. Such an interesting documentary. Pretty much made me not want to eat out for a very long time. One of my goals is to start cooking healthier food which means less of the Pioneer Woman's recipes. Love her recipes but they are filled with butter.

1 comment:

  1. Happy 6 month Anniversary! :)

    Marriage can be a big adjustment, especially for those who are not used to living and working with others. I'm so glad that this wasn't the case for you and that you've been able to make that adjustment easily. :)

    I think when a couple remembers to always put the Lord first and then be each other's very best friend, it makes such a huge difference! There will always be challenges and you won't always agree, but you can get through anything when you have your priorities in the right order.

    My husband and I will celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary later this year and there is still not a person in this world that I would rather spend my time with. It is wonderful to truly like the one you love. :)

    May you two grow to be the annoying parents who are still helplessly in love with each other and embarrass your children by dancing in the kitchen, holding hands - and *gasp* stealing kisses - IN PUBLIC! And may you then grow to be the adorably cute older couple who still walk hand in hand, lovingly take care of one another, and wink at each other when across the room. :)

    ReplyDelete