Wednesday, January 2, 2013

To Create

I am starting a goal this year of 365 days of journal writing. Each day there is a new question to answer. The first question was "What is your number one goal for the year?" which is very fitting for the first day of a new year. My goal is to create a life I love. This goal was inspired by my Aunt Tammy's recently released blog, http://www.creatingalifeyoulove.net/ and I love it. My aunt is an incredibly talented writer. She has always been very supportive of my love of creative writing. Reading her blog reminded me of the joy I feel when I am creating something. I had a pottery class in high school that I loved. It was very therapeutic to shape the clay on a wheel and watch all my hard work become a beautiful piece of art. I love writing but often I am too lazy to do it. I will explain it like this: I have great desires and ideas but it is just a lot of work to make them the way that I want.

Creating brings such great happiness to my life. I understand Heavenly Father's love for His children because we are His creations. Just like Mike and I created Delaney. Delaney is our greatest joy. I never imagined that anyone could make me this happy. I am in constant awe of her. I am always amazed at how perfect she is. It is an obsession.

Another example of creating is cooking. I love baking and cooking. I love putting together food to feed my family. It brings me a lot of satisfaction. I believe that creating is the key to happiness in the life. So that is my goal this year. To create. To love my life by striving to concoct, devise, formulate, invent, invest, produce, start, design, and discover.

Today I began my student teaching. It is an opportunity for me to begin my goal of creating. I will be teaching and it is one of the best ways to create. I will learn so much. I will become a better mother from this experience. A better wife. A better person. It is an exciting time for our little family. It will be hard and challenging especially with Mike taking 15 credits and me doing my student teaching but we have already been so very blessed in our righteous desire to complete our degrees. We have amazing friends who have stepped up and volunteered their time to take care of Delaney. We are very excited for the new year and all the new joys and challenges it will bring.

No comments:

Post a Comment